Bruce E. Mathern, M.D.
Current professional and academic appointments
- Professor and Executive Vice Chair, Department of Neurosurgery
- Medical Director, VCUHS Neuroscience Intensive Care Unit
- Director, Neurosurgery Ambulatory Operations
- Board Certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery
- B.A., chemistry and biology, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland
- M.D., University of Cincinnati, Cincinnati
- Internship, general surgery, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va.
- Residency, neurosurgery, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va.
- Fellowship, spinal surgery and reconstruction, Virginia Commonwealth University, Richmond, Va.
- Complex spinal reconstruction
- Minimally invasive spine surgery
- Spinal cord injury
- Clinical trials for innovative treatments for spinal disorders
- Published research
Patricia Leach, R.N.